Google Chrome: the Google Browser
Google announced today that they will release their own browser tomorrow, code named Google Chrome. Beta version will be launched tomorrow morning only, initially available only for Windows.
- An address bar with auto-completion features called “omnibox.”
- A privacy mode, called “Incognito”.
- Web applications can be launched in their own browser window without an address bar and toolbar.
- Chrome includes an automatically updated phishing and malware blacklist using the Google Safe Browsing API.
- Uses the WebKit Rendering Engine.
- Puts individual tabs and plug-ins into separate processes, for security and accountability.
- Integration of Gears.
Take out a look on the official Google Blog at http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/fresh-take-on-browser.html
Get the Google Chrome Comic Book.
Will keep posting you more findings about Chrome.