MVC & backbone.js
June 19, 2012
If some of you are really interested about the Architectural Design Pattern then MVC is the way to go to separate the web application into multiple parts.
So why do you need MVC at first place?
- Backbone provides a way to organize your code, by using the MVC pattern
- Only the View accesses the DOM (e.g. with jQuery, Dojo,…)
- Clean separation of content/style
- Improved decoupling
- Easier testing
- Allow multiple people to work on different parts
What is backbone.js?
- Organize the structure to your application
- Simplify server-side persistence
- Decouple the DOM from your page’s data
- Model data, views and routers in a succinct manner
- Provide DOM, model and collection synchronization
You can find some more detail on the same page in the slides shown below.